All the stars are wearing it - should you also hunt down this cute little accessory? Let's discuss this.
I have to warn you, you'll probably hear something that you don't wanna hear in this article.
The original Pochette bag was created in 1992 and since then it's been a perfect crossbody or pouch or accessory.
27 years later, Louis Vuitton realized there's huge demand for small bags and small leather goods.
To the delight of all LV SLG Instagram bloggers, Louis Vuitton is releasing a crossbody purse that can also be used as 3 different SLGs. Very smart move!
What is a Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette?
Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette includes three items: a larger pochette, a smaller pochette, and a round coin purse.
The strap comes in three colors (khaki green, blush pink and black color) which can be worn in numerous ways.
The strap is a good quality converse which is 42 inches long. Also, with a round coin purse complete with a zip, the regular pochette, the mini pochette and a chain which is attached.
How Much is Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette
|Size||US Price||EU Price|
|Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette||Pochette Accessoires – L 9.25” x H 5.3” x W 1.6”
Mini Pochette Accessoires – L 5.5” x H 3.5” x W 0.8”
Round Zip Coin Purse – L 3.5” x H 3.5” x W 0.8”
Multi Pochette was first listed for $1,550 but in one week of preorders, the price has gone up by $90. Well, apparently the item is popular.
Louis Vuitton is definitely going the Hermes way. try to buy the Multi Pochette and you'll be stalking the website for several days with no luck.
Then you'll go to your local boutique and they will tell you it's sold out.
I do understand this perspective from a business perspective. Once you know it's rare and impossible to get, you'll go nuts to have it in your hands.
As a customer, I'm sick of all these scarcity games. If I want an item, why should I beg sales assistants to sell it to me?
Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette Pros
Compared to other similar Louis Vuitton bags, the Multi Pochette is set to be the best selling bag and a great choice for any bagaholic. Here are a few reasons why:
- You get 3 bags, not one, then a strap and a chain. By the way, you can perfectly combine it with other LV items and if you don't use any of the items in the original Multi Pochette package, you can easily sell them (at least now)
- Multi pochette is versatile cause all components can be detached: there are 15 different ways you can rock this coveted item.
- Coated with the iconic LV monogram print, the bag is an updated version of the timeless classic.
- The small coin purse has a lobster clasp added which is a little bigger than the current coin purse.
- Measuring the old with the new, it is a little bigger than the old model and inside has a slip pocket with a date code which says made in the USA.
Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette Cons
There's one solid reason not to buy the Multi Pochette (which by far has never worked for bagaholics). It’s price vs. value.
Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette comprises 3 items. Here are their retail prices if purchased separately (the items are not exactly the same but they’re very close in terms of size and usability)
- Pochette Accessoires – $525
- Mini Pochette accessories – $310
- Round Coin Purse – $260
If you purchase these three items separately, a Multi Pochette analog will cost you $1,095 only. Personally I don't like the fabric Multi Pochette strap so I'd use another strap anyway.
So why spend $500 more for a new item?
If you have your heart set on the Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette, take it. Don't listen to me. It'll be a long trend
Will you be hunting the new Multi Pochette?